PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).
PMS Information Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

difference between clear and reset opcodes

2 posters

Go down

difference between clear and reset opcodes Empty difference between clear and reset opcodes

Post  muthuraman Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:42 am

what is the difference between clear and reset opcodes and open and close opcodes?please tell me in real time senario with example please? And What is the use of SFLNXTCHG?Where we can use this?

Regards,
Muthuraman

muthuraman

Back to top Go down

difference between clear and reset opcodes Empty Re: difference between clear and reset opcodes

Post  razuk_r Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi Smile

Clear -> Just clear the content of the field. Ex: Field1 = 'Muthu' After clear Field1 = ' '
Reset -> Clear the content whatever exists and replaced with *Blanks and *Zeros. Ex: If field1 = 123456, after reset Field1 = 000000
Open -> Opcode used to open a file internally inside a program by the user, not by the system automatically.
Close -> Opcode used to close a file internally inside a program by the user, not by the system automatically.
SFLNXTCHG - Record level keyword used in Subfile. Used to read next changed record in s subfile if the user chagned more than one record.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong. Or add the missing concepts which I not mentioned here.

razuk_r

Back to top Go down

difference between clear and reset opcodes Empty Re: difference between clear and reset opcodes

Post  muthuraman Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 am

you are correct.

muthuraman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down