PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).
PMS Information Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How IBM i (AS/400) different from other systems?

Go down

How IBM i (AS/400) different from other systems? Empty How IBM i (AS/400) different from other systems?

Post  sivakumar Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:33 pm

 A fundamental difference between IBM i (AS/400) and PCs is the respective attitudes shown towards them. If a PC crashes, it's a problem. Work is lost, the user is unhappy, but then reboots the system and redoes whatever was lost. It's unlikely the system administrator would even hear about it. If, however, a IBM i (AS/400) crashes, it's a major catastrophe.

 IBM i (AS/400) can handle large volumes of data and provide centralized administration and Offer superior data management capabilities.

 Can handle different types of workload with high data bandwidth, Monitors data integrity and security.

 A single IBM i (AS/400) System can reduce the cost of maintaining hundreds of servers.

 Provides high reliability and security required in large-scale processing work, which no other currently available technology can provide

sivakumar

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum