PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).
PMS Information Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No source for RPG and header need to be change

3 posters

Go down

No source for RPG and header need to be change Empty No source for RPG and header need to be change

Post  razuk_r Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:14 am

In my RPG I have a DSPF having Header as "Test Env". I need to change this as "Test Environment". But I don't have source member for my RPG program whereas I have DDS source for DSPF.
In this case how do I achieve my requirement?
In the view of long run project, the header might be change after some set of periods. So what is the permanent solutions for this kind of requirement?

razuk_r

Back to top Go down

No source for RPG and header need to be change Empty No source for RPG and header need to be change

Post  amarasuresh Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:04 pm

I didn't get it,what's your question?.can u explain clearly once's???? .......

amarasuresh

Back to top Go down

No source for RPG and header need to be change Empty Re: No source for RPG and header need to be change

Post  razuk_r Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:47 pm

In the view of long run project, the header might be change after some set of periods. So what is the permanent solutions for this kind of requirement instead of having the title information inside DSPF or PGM?

razuk_r

Back to top Go down

No source for RPG and header need to be change Empty Re: No source for RPG and header need to be change

Post  prince selvaraj Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:37 pm

The permanent solutions for this, we can use inside the RPG program and its to be defined Screen Field name assign to screen name ,when ever we want to change we changed via program only..

Eg: Eval SCR! = 'TEST ENVIRONMENT"

prince selvaraj

Back to top Go down

Post  razuk_r Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 am

After long time seeing a reply for my question Smile

Prince.. I mentioned as we dont have the source member for the RPG program. So its not possible to use this code for an existing program and for long term.

In a machine.. we may have support to different countries..
Assume.. India, Ireland, and Australia.. Each this country have both Prod as well as Teat Env. We use the same program object to all these environments..

In this scenerio.. do you think it will give a good solution by hardcoding the main header inside the program?? And even you hardecoded (assume have source now) .. and want to change the header on later part.. will it effective (cost/quality) to re-compile a program just for this line changing?

razuk_r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down