PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).
PMS Information Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restoring Spooled File Data After a System Restore

3 posters

Go down

file - Restoring Spooled File Data After a System Restore Empty Restoring Spooled File Data After a System Restore

Post  maran Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:41 pm

How to restore spooled files data after a System restore?
maran
maran
Admin

https://pmsinformationsystem.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

file - Restoring Spooled File Data After a System Restore Empty Restoring Spool File data

Post  sivakumar Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Spooled files will be saved in outq. System created outq will be saved in the library QGPL & QUSRSYS. User created outq will be saved in the user library. So We can the restore the spooled file data by the command RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(QGPL QUSRSYS), This command will restore the spooled file data. Since we are taking entire system backup, we need to restore QGPL & QUSRSYS library by the command RSTLIB SAVLIB(QGPL QUSRSYS), before restoring the objects from that library.

Please tell me, whether the above answer is correct or not.

Regards,
Sivakumar

sivakumar

Back to top Go down

file - Restoring Spooled File Data After a System Restore Empty Re: Restoring Spooled File Data After a System Restore

Post  maran Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Siva is correct.
maran
maran
Admin

https://pmsinformationsystem.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

file - Restoring Spooled File Data After a System Restore Empty Re: Restoring Spooled File Data After a System Restore

Post  hi2nani2 Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:29 pm

To be more specific, we have an option to restore the spool file data while restoring the OUTQ objects . When SPLFDTA(Spooled file data) parameter in RSTLIB/RSTOBJ specified to *NEW , for each output queue that is restored, spooled filedata and its attributes that was saved with the output queue is restored,if it does not already exist on the system.

RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(XXXXX) DEV(XXXXX) OBJTYPE(*OUTQ) SPLFDTA(*NEW)
RSTLIB SAVLIB(XXXXX) DEV(XXXXX) SPLFDTA(*NEW)

If you are using a BRMS tool, you can also use WRKSPLFBRM to locate your spool file data associated with all OUTQ's within a library and restore it them by individual or all at a time . The command is very flexible and you can restore spool files from different ASP's also.

Of course the spool file data restore is only possible when your save covering the spool file data and attributes through an option SPLFDTA(*ALL) within commands SAVOBJ/SAVLIB.

SAVOBJ OBJ(*ALL) LIB(XXXXX) DEV(XXXXX) OBJTYPE(*OUTQ) SPLFDTA(*ALL)

Also , there are few system created OUTQ's or IBM product created outq's which fall out of QGPL and QUSRSYS. Example: QSRVMON OUTQ in QSERVICE system library Smile

hi2nani2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down