PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).
PMS Information Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Happens When a File Definition Is Loaded (or Re-Loaded)?

Go down

What Happens When a File Definition Is Loaded (or Re-Loaded)?  Empty What Happens When a File Definition Is Loaded (or Re-Loaded)?

Post  maran Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:28 pm

These are the steps taken in the loading / re-loading of a file definition:
a) The user's authority to alter the LANSA file definition is checked.
b) The LANSA file definition is checked to ensure that the file is defined as being "OTHER". (Maintained by some method OTHER than LANSA.)
c) The fields within the external file are checked to see if they currently exist within LANSA data dictionary. If they do then their type, length, number of decimal positions and keyboard shift must match the dictionary definition. If they do not exist then the field definition is automatically added to the LANSA data dictionary.
d) The LANSA physical file definition is then deleted and re-loaded from the external file definition. Any rules or triggers that directly reference fields no longer in the file definition are automatically deleted.
e) The LANSA definitions of any logical files based on the physical file are then deleted and re-loaded from the external file definitions. As each logical file is located, the user is asked whether or not they wish to make the file accessible via LANSA
maran
maran
Admin

https://pmsinformationsystem.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down