PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

IBM announcement for IBM i 7.1 Technology Refresh 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IBM announcement for IBM i 7.1 Technology Refresh 6

Post  maran on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 pm

In today's(Feb 06, 2013) IBM announcement for IBM i 7.1 Technology Refresh 6, IBM mentioned the following Statement of Direction: "IBM plans to expand the IBM Connections supported server platforms to include support of IBM i. Additional details will be forthcoming."

IBM i 7.1 Technology Refresh 6 (TR6) continues the drive toward additional performance, usability, and integration enhancements with operating system updates, IBM program products, and related offerings from IBM Software Group.

• DB2 for i provides enhancements for managing and monitoring the database, as well as improving performance and security.

• IBM i Licensed Internal Code now supports the new IBM Power 710, 720, 730, 740, 750, and 760 POWER7+ models using POWER7+ technology.

• Use of USB attached flash drives is now supported for both direct attach and iVirtualization configurations of IBM i, providing easy movement of data.

• IBM i Secure Sockets Layer has been enhanced to support the latest industry standards of Transport Layer Security version 1.2 (TLSv1.2) and Transport Layer Security version 1.1 (TLSv1.1) protocols.\

• IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for i (5770-HAS) now supports SAN Volume Controller (SVC), Storwize® V7000, and IBM Storwize V3700 with the addition of LUN (logical unit) switching capability, providing additional options for improving reliability and availability.

• The System Management tasks are simplified. The OnDemand Administration component of IBM Navigator for i has been included in IBM Content Manager OnDemand for i (5761-RD1 and 5770-RD1). IBM Content Manager OnDemand for i can be ordered through the Passport Advantage® ordering system.

• New function in the HMC, through provisioning of virtual I/O server partition, simplifies the initial setup steps and allows install of the partition using the HMC.

• Improved error detection in Systems Director Manager is extended to allow monitoring and management of detected errors on IBM i systems.

• IBM Mobile Database, announced October 2012, now supports DB2 for i with a mobile option for accessing data.

• Zend Server for IBM i Version 6 supports the development of mobile applications as well as providing capabilities for application awareness, auditing, and authentication.

Source - IBM
maran
Admin

View user profile http://pmsinformationsystem.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top