PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).
PMS Information Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - IBM i 7.1

Go down

IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - IBM i 7.1 Empty IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - IBM i 7.1

Post  maran Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Test C4040-120: Associate:  IBM i 7.1 Administration

Certification Title: IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - IBM i 7.1

An IBM Certified Associate Administrator is a student who has completed recommended courses and lab work, gaining experience in working with Power Systems servers running IBM i 7.  The qualified candidate may not have actual job role experience, but by virtue of hard work in the classroom has gained the skills validated by this certification.  As such, the successful candidate has an objective, unbiased measure which they can offer prospective employers as evidence of their skill.

Test information:
• Number of questions: 41
• Time allowed in minutes: 60
• Required passing score: 56%

Work Management (27%)
1. Explain what happens when a job is submitted by a user (where does it go, why a job doesn't run, what affects the job's ability to process).
2. Given an example, explain where a job is in the system and how it will move through a subsystem.
3. Describe what resources (for example: libraries, job queues, subsystems, group/user profiles, other system defaults) are available to a job
4. Describe how job output goes where it goes
5. Manage runaway jobs, or jobs which fill up job logs and spooled file output.
6. Manage subsystems and job queues
7. Understand system memory pools
8. Understand system startup and shutdown

System Security (27%)
1. Demonstrate understanding of user profiles and group profiles, including resetting user password
2. Describe object security, authorization lists, and how they are used
3. Demonstrate understanding of library lists and how they affect jobs
4. Explain digital certificates, web servers, LDAP object signing
5. Explain the benefits and limitations of group profiles and system defined special authorities, including the use of adopted authority
6. Manage user and group profiles (create, enable, disable, and understand the impact of parameters such as jobd, grpprf, and spcaut)
7. Demonstrate an understanding of system values related to system security (for example, password security values, etc.)

Backup & Recovery (12%)
1. Save various objects (programs, files, libraries, *sys, *nonsys, *secdta, IFS objects) and describe when each type of save is appropriate.
2. Explain save-while-active, both classic and ragged, and when each is appropriate
3. Restore various objects (programs, files, libraries, *sys, *nonsys, *secdta, IFS objects) and describe when each type of restore is appropriate.
4. Create and useg image catalogs and virtual tape

PTF Management (5%)

1. Demonstrate PTF ordering methods
2. Install and apply PTFs, including using the Image Catalog

Daily Tasks (29%)
1. Diagnose sign-in problems
2. Diagnose system performance problems
3. Display and evaluate various logs and messages (job logs, qhst, qsysopr, etc.) to determine the cause(s) of job problems and failures.
4. Manage printers and outqueues
5. Understand IP communications at a basic level (including starting and stopping TCP/IP, and basic network configuration, VLANS, Host Services, and managing multiple adapters)
6. Understand CL programming at a basic level, including diagnosing failed programs using joblogs and CL source code
7. Understand consoles (HMC, LAN console) and their common uses
8. Describe various journals and their uses
9. Describe the uses of the IFS and shared folders.

For Test Preparation contact us:

PMS Information Systems

New No :50 1St Floor, Janani Landmarks,
Mahalaksmi Street ,T.Nagar
Chennai – 600017.
Voice:+91 044 45528298/+91 9600079773
Email id: info@pmsinformation Systems.com
maran
maran
Admin

https://pmsinformationsystem.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down