PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).
PMS Information Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting facts about IBM i (AS/400)

Go down

Interesting facts about IBM i (AS/400) Empty Interesting facts about IBM i (AS/400)

Post  sivakumar Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:33 pm

 Largest IT install base and has more than 750,000 system installed since 1988. The System i is the world's most popular multi-user business computer system

 Has more than 18 million users sign-on every day

 Is installed in over 16,000 banks worldwide, infact Practically Every bank uses AS400 Servers.

 Is installed in 95% of the FORTUNE 100 and 85% of the Fortune 500

 Most Manufacturing and Logistics Companies uses AS400 Server

 25,000 applications run on System i, as well as 3,000 client/server applications. Additional application are being added as software vendors from other platforms migrate their code to the AS/400

 IBM has invested $1B over the past 3 years in System i innovation

 Is sold in more countries than McDonald's hamburgers

 Is the only server that allows customers to run applications from four different operating system environments – i5/OS, AIX 5L, Windows Server and Linux – simultaneously on a single server.

 Has more than 8,000 IBM Business Partner and Independent Software Vendors Worldwide

Bill Gates commented that the only part of IBM that Microsoft would be interested in was the AS/400 division. (At the time, many of Microsoft's internal systems ran on the AS/400 platform)

 Programming languages available for the AS/400 include RPG, assembly language, C, C++, Pascal, Java, EGL, Perl, Smalltalk, COBOL, SQL, BASIC, PHP, PL/I, Python and REXX. Several CASE tools are available: AllFusion Plex (see *Plex Wiki), ADELIA, Synon, AS/SET, IBM Rational Business Developer Extension, LANSA and ProGen Plus. The IBM System i fully supports the Java language, including a 32-bit Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and a 64-bit JVM making it Multifunctional and useful in most of the Environments .

sivakumar

Back to top Go down