PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).
PMS Information Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 7.1

Go down

IBM Certified  System Administrator - IBM i 7.1 Empty IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 7.1

Post  maran Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Test C4040-120: IBM i 7.1 Administration

Certification Title: IBM Certified  System Administrator - IBM i 7.1

The IBM Certified System Administrator:  IBM i 7.1 is a person with at least 2 years experience, preferably more, administering IBM i running on Power Systems servers.  He or she is familiar with all aspects of system administration, including upgrades from previous releases, backup and recovery, storage management,  using journaling, understands the differences between different types of ASPs and their uses, and has strong HMC skills.

Test information:
• Number of questions: 82
• Time allowed in minutes: 120
• Required passing score: 57%

Operating System Upgrades (4%)

1. Explain critical factors when planning an upgrade to IBM i 7 (from 6.1or 5.4), including using various planning resources such as Memo to Users, and Pre-Upgrade Verification Tool.
2. Explain various upgrade methods, including using image catalogs, distribution media, and network-based installations.
3. Demonstrate an ability to solve problems which commonly occur during or shortly after an IBM i upgrade.\

PTF Management (5%)
1. Use and install different types of PTFs, including demonstrating and understanding temp/perm status, superseding PTFs, pre/co-req relationships, removing PTFs, and test PTFs.
2. Explain the concepts of HIPER, Group, Cumulative and Recommended PTFs.

Problem Determination (5%)
1. Given a situation, explain why a problem is occurring.
2. Demonstrate the appropriate use of various tools to diagnose a problem, including SST/DST, WRKPRB, PAL, ASMI, and various message queues.

Backup Tasks (10%)
1. Solve typical problems encountered during various save operations.
2. Explain how the relationships of various object types (hierarchy) affects save operations.
3. Explain which type of save is appropriate to a given situation, including saves to virtual tape, save while active, full system, individual object, save security, etc.
4. Save IFS objects.
5. Explain the purpose of various save commands.
6. Explain how different types of saves affect the restore process

Recovery Tasks (10%)
1. Restore various objects, including different libraries, object ownership changes, journal relationships, LF/PF relationships, and new "position" parameter for fast tape restore.
2. Solve typical problems encountered during various restore operations.
3. Recover the system using LIC media, including slipping LIC and D-mode IPL, alternate IPL devices, and alternate Install devices.
4. Restore IFS objects.
5. Explain how to resume a failed restore operation.
6. Define system values that are critical to restore process, especially when performing a full system restore.
7. Restore security and private authorities

Work Management (11%)
1. Create and manage subsystems, including classes, routing entries, job queues and job queue entries.
2. Create and manage job descriptions, including assigning priorities, job queues, classes, library lists.
3. Manage jobs, including scheduled jobs, prestart jobs, changing the characteristics of running jobs, and ending jobs.
4. Use the native Job Scheduler to automate tasks.
5. Use the output presented by the Work with Active Jobs, Work with System Activity, and Work with System Status functions to perform daily performance tuning tasks.

User Administration (7%)
1. Manage individual and group user profiles in IBM i.
2. Given a scenario, define the characteristics and appropriate uses of various profiles.
3. Manage SST/DST profiles and permissions.
4. Explain the appropriate use of special authorities and user classes.

Networking (9%)

1. Create and manage a simple IP network .
2. Given a scenario, determine the cause of a typical networking problem.
3. Manage host tables and DNS entries.
4. Manage common servers and services (for example, FTP, SNTP, SMTP, HTTP, Telnet).
5. Manage remote data.
6. Configure and manage Electronic Customer Support.

HMC Management (5%)
1. Back up the HMC (regular, and pre-update).
2. Upgrade the HMC and apply firmware updates, including demonstrating an understanding of dependent relationships.
3. Access the HMC remotely.
4. Access the 5250 console remotely.

System Firmware (FSP) (4%)
1. Install system firmware on single-image systems and HMC-managed systems.
2. Explain the impact of disruptive and concurrent firmware updates.
3. Explain the relationship between system firmware and PTFs.

Performance Management and Tuning (6%)
1. Use tools, including performance collection, performance agent, Systems Director Navigator Console, and monitors, to investigate and tune system performance.
2. Solve common performance problems.
3. Explain the use of SSDs in an environment, including adding, migrating data to/from, and determining if SSDs are practical in the environment.
4. Manage system performance using Work with Shared Pools functions such as expert cache.

Write and Debug Simple CL Programs & Queries in Support of Administrative Tasks (5%)

1. Given a situation, explain why a query or a CL program is appropriate
2. Create, modify and debug CL programs, including message handling within a program
3. Use queries and output files to create tools
4. Create customized commands, and change command defaults

Security & Compliance (9%)
1. Explain the purpose of various security related system values.
2. Given a situation, solve various problems related to object or system authority.
3. Use the Audit Journal.
4. Define appropriate situations for, and risks related to using, adopted authority.
5. Use Security Tools to produce reports and take appropriate actions.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the effect of security checking in IBM i.

Journaling & Database Management (6%)

1. Explain the benefits of journaling, including remote journaling.
2. Given a situation, use journaling to recover database.
3. Explain the "Reorganize Physical File" function, including what types of reorganization are possible, considerations when using this function, and when it is appropriate to reorganize.
4. Create and manage journaled environments, including using remote journaling.
5. Create and manage access paths and indices.

IBM i Access Management & Systems Director Navigator for IBM i (6%)
1. Install, configure and manage IBM i Access for end-users, including supporting interoperability between OS and Access releases.
2. Install, configure and manage Operations Console.
3. Solve problems typically encountered by IBM i Access users.
4. Use Management Central tools (fix distribution, inventory management, monitors, etc.).
5. Use i Access database tools (visual explain, index advisor, etc.).

For Test Preparation contact us:

PMS Information Systems

New No :50 1St Floor, Janani Landmarks,
Mahalaksmi Street ,T.Nagar
Chennai – 600017.
Voice:+91 044 45528298/+91 9600079773
Email id: info@pmsinformation Systems.com
maran
maran
Admin

https://pmsinformationsystem.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down