PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PMS Information Systems
Welcome to PMS Information Systems - IBM i (AS/400) Forum !!!

Get Answers for all your queries on IBM i (AS/400).
PMS Information Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMD Documention Made easy

Go down

CMD Documention Made easy  Empty CMD Documention Made easy

Post  maran Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:52 pm

GENCMDDOC helps you to do documentation on CMDs

GENCMDDOC can produce documentation in HTML or UIM. If you specify GENOPT(*UIM), GENCMDDOC generates a skeleton UIM member from a command object. You can add explanatory text with your favorite text editor and create a help panel group for the command. If you specify GENOPT(*HTML), GENCMDDOC creates an HTML file from the command object and the help text in the panel group object.

You can write the generated source code to an IFS or a database file, but you must use the IFS syntax in either case.

In the following example, a skeletal help text member of UIM source is generated in member CPYTOTST of source physical file QPNLSRC in library UTILITY from the CPYTOTST command object in library UTILITY.

GENCMDDOC CMD(UTILITY/CPYTOTST) +
TODIR('/QSYS.LIB/UTILITY.LIB/QPNLSRC.FILE') +
TOSTMF('CPYTOTST.MBR') REPLACE(*NO) GENOPT(*UIM)

At this point, you may want to run GENCMDDOC again, but this time specify GENOPT(*HTML) to generate a full HTML file from the command definition and the panel group. The following example places the HTML in file cpytotst.html in directory /home/pms of the IFS.

GENCMDDOC CMD(UTILITY/CPYTOTST) +
TODIR('/home/pms') +
TOSTMF('cpytotst.html') +
GENOPT(*HTML)

Happy Documenting!!!
maran
maran
Admin

https://pmsinformationsystem.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down